6 things you need to know about Peggy Gou
PEGGY GOU has evolved into the music industry's hippest DJ over the past few years, scoring high profile DJ spots like the BOILER ROOM and every major festival there is on the circuit and even designing her own fashion line. A curious, interesting, and talented creative, she has developed a versatile DJ and production style.
Her trips around the world let her see the dance-floor attire of every tribe of revelry up close and personal — which sounds like great, raw material for a fashion killa. Besides that, her deep tech house sets caught the attention of big names in the music industry and seemingly overnight the name Peggy Gou was on everybody's lips.
Before you get to know her better with our 6 facts on Peggy's life, gou tap play on this playlist with her best tracks and a few more refs to set the mood.
1. She has her own fashion label, KIRIN, in association with Louis Vuitton’s VIRGIL ABLOH.
They're close friends and have co-created multiple projects, and Peggy is an LV fangirl, through and through. Kirin collections are filled with leather and two-pieces with one-of-a-kind patterns, which make you' soon realize there is a lot of her personality in them.
2. Following a short-lived dream of becoming a designer, Gou wanted to work as a stylist, but then worked as an editorial assistant for Harper’s Bazaar Korea.
She ended up realizing that she actually enjoys styling herself more than other ppl.
3. Gou has always been a club kid.
At 18, she got into the London College of Fashion and spent every weekend dancing at Plastic People or Corsica Studios.
4. Throwing herself into music full-time, Gou pushed her fashion work aside at first to become the youngest and first female Korean DJ to play at the renowned Berlin club Berghain.
5. Item 3 takes us to another level of her career, nowadays she curates her own event: a mini-festival in London called PLEASURE GARDENS.
She invites a heavy lineup of artists plus friends like Carista and Virgil Abloh, and the festival def represents her cultural vision. Besides that, it's the perfect opportunity to see Peggy Gou DJ at an event that she created herself.
6. Last but not least, a fun fact: the name of the moment is obsessed with giraffes, as the name of her fashion line suggests: Kirin is the Korean word for giraffe.
Seems like now we know what is Gou's spirit animal.
After following us on Spotify for more dope tunes, be sure you check more apparel & lifestyle news.